Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Scott Smith Injury Law Palm Beach County Personal Injury Lawyer

What if the driver who hit me in Florida was drinking?

Return to FAQ Videos


You can definitely bring a claim against the driver of a motor vehicle that is under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash. In addition to compensatory damages, the type of damages that compensate you for your medical expenses, future medical expenses, lost wages, future lost wages and pain and suffering damages, a claim for punitive damages, the type of damages to punish the defendant for causing a motor vehicle crash while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are allowed in the state of Florida. In addition, we would also look at any potential Dram Shop claim, which is a type of cause of action where you could sue, potentially, a bar, a restaurant, hotel, or some other type of vendor that sold alcohol to a minor or to a person that is known to be addicted to alcohol.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation